COVID-19 Antibody Testing
Kaleida Health Laboratories is now offering COVID-19 antibody testing to our community. The COVID-19 antibody test is obtained through a blood draw and seeks to detect antibodies that form after exposure to the coronavirus.
Positive antibody tests are important against the fight of COVID-19 as they are a key metric in the government's phased re-opening plan of New York State.
Anyone is eligible for COVID-19 antibody testing upon obtaining a prescription from your primary care provider.
Your results will be provided within 3-4 days, through the Patient Portal of the MyKaleida mobile app or your primary care doctor. If you have questions about your results, please contact your primary care doctor as a positive result does not guarantee immunity to the virus.
To start the process click Schedule Appointment button below.
Coronavirus Resource - CDC
For the most up-to-date information about the coronavirus situation, please see the CDC's website.
Enhanced Visitation Policy
In an effort to protect our patients, families, visitors and staff against the spread of infection, and in accordance with New York State Department of Health guidance, Kaleida Health has implemented an enhanced visitation policy at all sites, effective immediately. This does not apply to those seeking treatment.See Policy
Stand behind the ones who stand at the front.Donate Now
Coronavirus News Updates
- Mini Grand Rounds: COVID-19 Vaccines with Dr. Timothy Murphy
Join us on Wednesday, December 9 from 7:30-8 a.m. for Mini Grand Rounds. Dr. Timothy Murphy will discuss COVID-19 vaccines. CME is available. Everyone is welcome to participate.
- Kaleida Health to Postpone Non-essential Elective Procedures per New York State Department of Health Directive
- Previous Mini Grand Rounds Available
- Update Regarding Elective Surgeries at Kaleida Health
- COVID-19 Video Update from Dr. Kevin Gibbons
- Statement Regarding New York State’s Emergency Hospital Procedures
- Mini Grand Rounds: Sleep Health in Healthcare Workers during COVID-19
- Medically Speaking Coronavirus Special Edition Featuring Janice Rockwood
Kaleida Health’s collection strategy is focused on ensuring fast and efficient turnaround times for our inpatients, emergency room patients, surgical patients, long-term care residents and employees. As more public testing sites have come online, Kaleida Health is no longer offering collection sites to the public.
If you need COVID-19 testing, please see the list of public testing locations on the Erie County Department of Health website