Buffalo General Medical Center
A Building, 16th Floor
100 High Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital
2nd Floor, Southeast Wing
1540 Maple Road
Williamsville, NY 14221
Orthopedic Joint Ventures Program
- Patients typically remain in the hospital three to four days following surgery. Some patients receive continued inpatient rehabilitation to increase stamina and mobility before their discharge.
- We take a team approach where everyone has a common goal — to help you get your quality of life back.
- We try to keep you ultra-comfortable with the latest in pain management techniques and top-quality accommodations.
- Your Joint Ventures Team will review your progress daily to facilitate your discharge plan and to achieve the best outcome for you:
- An orthopedic nurse manager/leader will coordinate all aspects of your care, from pre-op to discharge.
- Your post-operative status will be fully evaluated by our physical and occupational therapists. They'll encourage you to get up and move as quickly as possible. Rehab starts at your bedside and moves to our on-site gym. You never have to leave the floor.
- We'll educate family and friends to participate as "coaches" in your recovery process.
- A social worker/case manager will be available to assist your treatment team in developing discharge plans and follow-up outpatient services.
Remember, you can get all the details of what to expect from your stay by reading your patient guidebook: