Oishei Children's Outpatient Center (Conventus)
1001 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
- (716) 323-6410
- Map & Directions
Select your preferred time and wait at home!
DeGraff ER Check-In.Powered by InQuicker
Down Syndrome Program
The Down Syndrome Program at the Variety Tent #7 Robert Warner, MD Rehabilitation Center provides multidisciplinary and comprehensive evaluations and services from birth to adulthood to persons with Down syndrome. Our services begin with prenatal support for expecting families with a prenatal diagnosis. Early intervention has been shown in multiple studies to be a strong driver of future life success for children with Down syndrome. Our team uses a holistic patient and family centered approach, working together to optimize your child’s growth and development, ensuring they will thrive and reach their fullest potential.
During your visits, children have access to a team of healthcare providers who have expertise and experience in caring for children with Down syndrome. Our team includes occupational, physical, and speech therapists as well as a licensed, doctoral level child psychologist who focuses on behavioral health and wellness. Our services include:
- Prenatal visits to meet our team, link with resources and support, and begin care planning.
- Evaluations for early intervention services, as well as linkage to appropriate agencies and schools in the family’s county of residence.
- Advocacy and information for our children and families.
- Linkage and collaboration with resources and supports in the Western New York area for children and families with Down syndrome.
- Care coordination and referrals, connecting with all physicians and allied health providers caring for our families outside of our center, including your child’s primary care physician. Our team collaborates with a full complement of pediatric medical and surgical subspecialists who understand the unique needs of children with Down syndrome.
- Individually tailored medical, psychological, behavioral, developmental, and educational care plans created using a shared decision making model focusing on shared goals, growth and development, and each child’s strengths and abilities.
- Plans are reviewed with our multidisciplinary team annually and more frequently depending on the needs of your child and family.
- We ensure that your child receives all recommended preventative and screening evaluations at the appropriate ages.
- We also focus on times of transition, especially the transition into adult healthcare.