Buffalo General Medical Center
100 High Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
- (716) 768-7624
- (716) 768-7621 Fax
- Map & Directions
Lead Poisoning Prevention Resource Center of WNY
Serving the eight counties of Western New York, the Lead Poisoning Prevention Resource Center is committed to helping you find resources within the community to prevent, provide early detection and effectively manage lead poisoning in children and pregnant women.
Well-established history and reputation
The Center was established in 1993 through a grant from the New York State Department of Health. Our Medical Director, Melinda S. Cameron, MD, is an expert who leads the region in the management and treatment of lead poisoning in children.
Contact us for more information about how the Lead Poisoning Prevention Resource Center can help you improve outcomes for patients dealing with lead poisoning.
Lectures and Training
The medical director and program coordinator are available to speak to medical students and residents, nursing students, physician associations, hospital grand rounds and other interested groups of healthcare providers.
Please contact the office to schedule a lecture or training.
Phone: (716) 768-7624
Fax: (716) 768-7621
New York State Department of Health
- Guidelines for the Identification and Management of Lead Exposure in Children, New York State Department of Health, December 2011 (PDF)
- Childhood Lead Poisoning Information
- American Academy of Pediatrics: Prevention of Childhood Lead Toxicity
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: New York Data, Statistics, and Surveillance
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention MMWR Childhood Blood Lead Levels in Children Aged <5 Years —United States, 2009–2014
Lead Poisoning Fatality Cases
For general information about lead poisoning, please see the Resources page.
- If you are concerned that your child might have lead poisoning, please contact your child's doctor for an appointment and a blood lead test.
- If your child has been diagnosed with lead poisoning, contact your local county health department's Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program. See a list of local health departments in New York State. Click on the name of the county to visit each health department's website.
- New York State Department of Health – Childhood Lead Poisoning
- Kids Health
- CDC Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Tips
- Green & Healthy Homes Initiative
- Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo, Wipe Out Lead
Lead Safety for Renovating and Remodeling
The Lead Resource Center of Buffalo's office serves the eight counties of Western New York: