VNA of WNY - Erie County
650 Airborne Parkway
Cheektowaga, NY 14225
- (716) 630-8000
- Map & Directions
Select your preferred time and wait at home!
DeGraff ER Check-In.Powered by InQuicker
VNA Diabetes Program
The VNA Diabetes Program offers expert services and support to help patients live with and manage the challenging demands of diabetes.
Patients with diabetes can work with our specialists and access expert education and support for self-management of diabetes, including:
- Symptom management
- Medication management
- Insulin preparation and administration
- Blood glucose monitoring
- Foot/skin and oral care
How Our Program Works
- Patients complete an in-depth assessment of their physical, psychosocial and environmental health status with a qualified healthcare professional.
- The assessment identifies areas in need of intervention by the home care team.
- Our team then works closely with the physician to develop and implement an individualized plan of care.
Comprehensive Care and Support
- Free glucose meter kit with first visit
- Instruction in insulin delivery systems
- Educational materials for each patient
- Semmes-Weinstein monofilament testing by trained staff
- Anodyne Therapy System using infrared energy for treatment of neuropathy
- Physical therapy for falls reduction, balance improvement and improvement in activity tolerance
- Occupational therapy focusing on independence through the use of adaptive equipment
- Annual immunizations against flu and pneumonia
- Lab work, including A1C levels, fasting lipid profiles and others by request
- Expertise in the treatment of diabetic skin conditions
- Ongoing communication with the patient's physician
Get the VNA Advantage
- Interdisciplinary approach focusing on self-management
- Nursing team specially trained in diabetes care
- Collaboration with the Diabetes-Endocrinology Center
- Medical social workers and nutritionists
- In-house pharmacy and nursing services for treating infections
For additional information go to: http://www.vnawny.org