Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital
1540 Maple Road
Williamsville, NY 14221
- (716) 568-3777
- Map & Directions
The Pastoral Care division at Millard Fillmore Suburban is dedicated to providing spiritual and emotional support to individuals of all denominations, ages, race, creed or national origin.
The chaplain is directed by the needs of the individual. Pastoral Care chaplains can facilitate and assist with the relationship between the patient and other hospital departments and/or patients and their own faith community.
The Pastoral Care Department provides the following services and ministry:
- Supportive visitation and pastoral counseling
- Crisis intervention
- Communication with area community clergy and congregations
- Information on area churches, temples, etc.
- Prayer resources, i.e., bibles and other spiritual literature
- Grief and bereavement support relating to issues of loss
- Specific sacramental or ritual needs (we will be glad to contact the appropriate faith community to facilitate any specific request)
- Assistance in decision making and ethics consultations
- Information and assistance with Advance Directive (Health Care Proxy)
- Assistance at family conferences
A chapel is located on the first floor of the hospital, near the Main Lobby, for those seeking a place for prayer or meditation.