Buffalo General Medical Center
100 High Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
Living With Grief
The loss of a loved one is life's most stressful event and can create a wide range of emotions, even when death is expected. The Bereavement Program offers counseling, compassionate support, education and guidance to outside groups that can help individuals who are grieving.
Friends and family of those experiencing grief can assist in a number of ways:
- Share the sorrow
- Don’t offer false comfort
- Provide practical help
- Be patient
- Encourage professional help when necessary
The Bereavement Program at Kaleida Health is dedicated to and highly experienced at helping individuals navigate the grieving process. The Bereavement Program is comprised of an interdisciplinary team prepared to address the complexities and multiple levels of grief.
Our philosophies and services include:
- A sensitivity to spiritual, cultural, ethnic and individual needs
- Maintaining an environment of compassion for family and friends
- Linking those grieving with appropriate services providing holistic care
- Memorial services
- Bereavement Support Group
Bereavement Support Group
A Bereavement Support Group, sponsored by Kaleida Health, is held on the first Tuesday of each month. The group is open to anyone whose loved one was formerly a patient at a Kaleida Health hospital and is held at the St. Jude Center, 760 Ellicott Street, from 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., in the hall next to the chapel.