- Latest Headlines
- Lomeo Named President and CEO of Kaleida Health
- Saturday is National Drug Drop Off Day
- Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital Recognized With Quality Achievement Award for Heart Failure Care
- National Medical Laboratory Professionals Week
- March 2014 Update: The new John R. Oishei Children’s Hospital
- View All Headlines
- Kaleida in the News
- Media Advisories
- Press Releases
- Facts at a Glance
- KYI Newsletter
726 Exchange Street
Buffalo, NY 14210
Report: Six local deaths prompt warning about sleeping with infants
Six infants have died this month – three in just the past week – in ErieCounty because of unsafe sleeping arrangements, according to The Buffalo News.
“You just shouldn’t take the chance,” said Lynn Stroehlein, RN, Certified Childbirth Educator, Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo, said in a recent news report.
New mothers at the hospital routinely receive advice not to sleep with their newborns, she said. One of the main reasons is that women are often exhausted after childbirth and may not be as alert to a potential danger as they need to be if their infant is in bed with them, Stroehlein warned.
“Put the baby in a bassinet next to you if want them near,” she said. “It’s just safer.”
Click on the following links to related news reports:
For more information about Childbirth Education available at Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo, click here: http://www.buffalobaby.org/classes/index.asp