DAISY Nurse Leader Award Nominations Now Open
The DAISY Nurse Leader Award was established to recognize nurse managers/leaders who engage and motivate nurses, create an environment of trust and compassion, and serve as models of Leading with CARE. Nominations are now open through the end of September.
- Individual must be a nurse supervisor, assistant nurse manager, nurse manager, director, senior director or chief nursing officer
- Creates an environment of trust, compassion, respect, professional development and ethical behavior
- Is a role model for Leading with CARE, mentoring staff by exhibiting compassion and exemplary practice
- Motivates staff with a shared vision and enthusiasm to achieve better outcomes for themselves and their patients
- Promotes and enhances the image of nursing within Kaleida Health, the community and the profession
Patients, families, providers and staff may submit nominations at www.kaleidahealth.org/daisy/leader. The Nurse Advisory Council will choose a winner at each site based on selection criteria, and the chief nursing officer at each site will make the final decision.
Honorees will receive a special DAISY Nurse Leader certificate, DAISY recognition pin and a unique Healer’s Touch sculpture.