100 High Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
Coronavirus Disease 2019 Update
Although there are no confirmed cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) at Kaleida Health, we continue to keep our employees and providers as updated and prepared as possible about the evolving situation.
Enhanced Visitation Policy in Effect for All Kaleida Health Sites
Out of an abundance of precaution and to protect our patients, their families, visitors and our staff against the spread of infection, Kaleida Health is implementing our Enhanced Visitation Policy at all sites effective immediately. This does not apply to those seeking treatment.
See key points for visitation below:
- Please do not visit if you are ill
- Please do not visit if you have traveled outside of the United States within the past two weeks
- No visitors under 14 years of age
- No visitors are allowed to our long-term care facilities: HighPointe on Michigan and DeGraff Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Facility
- Wash your hands and use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer frequently, especially before and after entering a patient’s room
Prevention is Key
There is currently no vaccine to prevent COVID-19. The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. However, as a reminder, CDC recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using cleaning spray or wipe
For more information, visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.