100 High Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
Kaleida Health Reaches Agreement on New Labor Contract
I am pleased to report that Kaleida Health has reached agreement with the Communications Workers of America/AFL-CIO (CWA1168), International Union of Operating Engineers (IUOE 17) and 1199SEIU United Healthcare Workers East on a new three-year contract, which covers 7,200 unionized employees.
As I have said previously, everything that we discussed at the negotiating table is directly tied to our mission, vision and values, is designed to improve the quality of care that we provide to our community, and helps ensure the viability of Kaleida Health.
Just as important, the new agreement invests in our workforce in a number of areas. It is based on the following criteria:
- All employees benefit financially. No one is harmed.
- Kaleida Health making additional staffing commitments.
- Incentivizing our employees to utilize the Kaleida Health family when it comes to their health care needs.
- Works within our economic framework.
- Positions the organization to continue to deliver the highest quality of care for our community well into the future.
The groups began bargaining in early March and through 50+ negotiating sessions, reached tentative agreement on over 100 articles, MOUs, and letters including all economic and non-economic issues in the contract.
Because the agreement must be ratified by the union membership in the coming weeks, full details of the contract will be released in the coming days. Ratification voting by union members is expected to occur in the next few weeks.
Itís July and we have already reached the halfway mark of 2019, so thank you for your hard work and dedication thus far this year. Please enjoy this beautiful weather and the rest of summer!
Jody L. Lomeo
President and CEO