100 High Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
Ear, Nose, & Throat Center
Find information on Ear, Nose, & Throat .
Questions & Answers
- Alzheimer's nose spray: New Alzheimer's treatment?
- Alzheimer's test: Detection at the earliest stages
- Aortic calcification: An early sign of heart valve problems?
- Artificial tears: How to select eyedrops for dry eyes
- Birth control pills: Harmful in early pregnancy?
- Butter vs. margarine: Which is better for my heart?
- Calcium supplements: A risk factor for heart attack?
- Can vitamins help prevent a heart attack?
- Chemotherapy side effects: A cause of heart disease?
- Cochlear implants: Who are they for?
- Coffee and health: What does the research say?
- Diabetes management: Does aspirin therapy prevent heart problems?
- Does prickly pear cactus have health benefits?
- Ear candling: Is it safe?
- Ear stapling for weight loss: Does it work?
- Early HIV symptoms: What are they?
- Early miscarriage: Is stress a factor?
- Exercise during pregnancy: Is heart rate a concern?
- Fasting diet: Can it improve my heart health?
- Fear of public speaking: How can I overcome it?
- Flu mask: Should I wear one?
- Grape juice: Same heart benefits as wine?
- Grass-fed beef: What are the heart-health benefits?
- Healthy heart for life: Avoiding heart disease
- Heart attack prevention: Should I avoid secondhand smoke?
- Heart cancer: Is there such a thing?
- Heart disease prevention: Does oral health matter?
- Heart rate: What's normal?
- High-frequency hearing loss: Can hearing aids help?
- Hygiene hypothesis: Early germ exposure prevents asthma?
- Implantation bleeding: Normal in early pregnancy?
- Neti pot: Can it clear your nose?
- NSAIDs: Do they increase my risk of heart attack and stroke?
- Omega-6 fatty acids: Can they cause heart disease?
- Pap smear: Do I need one if I'm a virgin?
- Pap smear: Still needed after hysterectomy?
- Petroleum jelly: Safe for a dry nose?
- Pink eye treatment: What if I wear contact lenses?
- Plugged ears: What is the remedy?
- Polypill: Does it treat heart disease?
- Pulse pressure: An indicator of heart health?
- Recurring strep throat: When is tonsillectomy useful?
- Sex after years of abstinence: OK to resume?
- Should I make changes to my diet if I've been diagnosed with atrial fibrillation?
- Silent heart attack: What are the risks?
- Sodium nitrate in meat: Heart disease risk factor?
- Stop multitasking and learn how to focus
- Strep throat in infants: A common diagnosis?
- Terrible twos: Why are 2-year-olds so difficult?
- Testosterone therapy side effects: What are the heart risks?
- Toddler speech development: Are 2-year-olds understandable?
- Acne treatments: Medical procedures may help clear skin
- Biopsy: Types of biopsy procedures used to diagnose cancer
- Blood tests for heart disease
- Breast lump: Early evaluation is essential
- Clear liquid diet
- Diagnosing Alzheimer's: How Alzheimer's is diagnosed
- Drug-eluting stents: Do they increase heart attack risk?
- Ear infection treatment: Do alternative therapies work?
- Early-onset Alzheimer's: When symptoms begin before age 65
- Erectile dysfunction: A sign of heart disease?
- Flu shots: Especially important if you have heart disease
- Hearing aids: How to choose the right one
- Heart attack symptoms: Know what's a medical emergency
- Heart conditions and pregnancy: Know the risks
- Heart disease in women: Understand symptoms and risk factors
- Heartburn or heart attack: When to worry
- Heart-healthy diet: 8 steps to prevent heart disease
- Herbal supplements may not mix with heart medicines
- Hormone replacement therapy and your heart
- Learning disorders: Know the signs, how to help
- Long-term care: Early planning pays off
- Menus for heart-healthy eating: Cut the fat and salt
- Nuts and your heart: Eating nuts for heart health
- Omega-3 in fish: How eating fish helps your heart
- Red wine and resveratrol: Good for your heart?
- Strategies to prevent heart disease
- Sudden death in young people: Heart problems often blamed
- Thalidomide: Research advances in cancer and other conditions
- Trans fat is double trouble for your heart health
- Whole grains: Hearty options for a healthy diet
Related Diseases & Conditions
- Airplane ear
- Blocked tear duct
- Broken heart syndrome
- Broken nose
- Congenital heart defects in children
- Congenital heart disease in adults
- Ear infection (middle ear)
- Earwax blockage
- Enlarged heart
- Hearing loss
- Heart arrhythmia
- Heart attack
- Heart disease
- Heart failure
- Heart murmurs
- Heart palpitations
- Hip labral tear
- Hypoplastic left heart syndrome
- Progressive supranuclear palsy
- Rheumatic fever
- Ruptured eardrum (perforated eardrum)
- Salivary gland cancer
- Sore throat
- Strep throat
- Swimmer's ear
- Throat cancer
- Foreign object in the ear: First aid
- Foreign object in the nose: First aid
- Heart attack: First aid
- Nosebleeds: First aid
- Broken heart: Can grief damage your heart?
- Dark circles under eyes? Check your nose
- Early bird or night owl? Plan exercise accordingly
- Is your diet hurting your heart?
- Is your hearing at risk?
- Is your lifestyle causing heartburn?
- Learn to say no and enjoy the holidays
- Protein: Heart-healthy sources
- Stuffy nose? Try saline spray
- Too busy to exercise? Get up earlier
- Whole grains for a healthy heart
- Recipe: Braised chicken with mushrooms and pearl onions
- Recipe: Hearty turkey chili
- Recipe: Poached pears
- Recipe: Salad greens with pears, fennel and walnuts
- Recipe: Seared endive
- Recipe: Seared scallops with new potatoes and field greens
- Recipe: Yellow pear and cherry tomato salad
Tests & Procedures
- Chelation therapy for heart disease
- Ear tubes
- Endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty
- Heart scan (coronary calcium scan)
- Heart transplant
- Nuclear stress test
- Pap smear
©1998-2015 Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER).