Buffalo General Medical Center
A Building, 16th Floor
100 High Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital
2nd Floor, Southeast Wing
1540 Maple Road
Williamsville, NY 14221
Orthopedic Joint Ventures Program
Your Joint Ventures Team
The Kaleida Health Joint Ventures program is staffed by some of the most experienced and highly trained orthopedic surgeons in the region. Our nurses, patient care assistants, hospitalists, therapists and Patient Management Coordinators complete the team that has been designed to assist you throughout your joint replacement process.
Our goal is to transition you from chronic joint pain and/or degenerative joint disease to living pain-free with greater mobility and independence. To achieve this, you will be involved in all aspects of your care. It is your responsibility, as well as ours, to work toward your independence.
It is important for you to realize that you will also be responsible for a major portion of your post-operative rehabilitation, but rest assured that there will be many health care professionals to guide you through your rehabilitation step by step. Modern medicine has made it possible for a stiff and painful joint to be replaced with one that will function nearly the same as a normal healthy joint. As long as you follow the instructions of your doctors, therapists and nurses, and are willing to follow through with recommended exercises and rehabilitation, you will soon be on your way to a more active lifestyle.
- Our orthopedic surgeons are some of the most experienced and highly trained joint replacement specialists. They are not only knowledgeable in the latest research, surgical techniques, and implant technology, in some cases they are the innovators.
- State-of-the-art operating rooms house some of the most advanced equipment available today for use in orthopedic surgery, including a laminar flow air-handling system to reduce the risk of post-operative infection and computer-aided surgery (CAS) technologies.
- Our nurses specialize in the care of patients who have had joint replacement. They are fully attuned to meeting both your physical and emotional needs.
- Our physical and occupational therapists are trained to choose the best activities and exercises for each individual. They'll show you how assistive devices, joint protection, and energy conservation techniques can be used during activities of daily living.
- Our hospitalists are board-certified internists who are specialized in hospital patient care.
- Our Patient Management Coordinators (PMCs) will help coordinate your discharge plan. Your PMC will visit with you the day after your surgery to review your discharge plan and discuss the sub-acute rehabilitation facility or homecare agency of your choice. You will be given a list of sub-acute rehabilitation facilities, as well as homecare agencies, if you have not already chosen one.