- Largest Personal Donation Presented or the John R. Oishei Children's Hospital Will Create the Alfiero Family Emergency Care Center
- Alfiero Presentation press release
- Women & Children's Hospital of Buffalo, Roswell Park Plan New Integrated Hematology Oncology Unit
- Historic $10 Million Donation Announced to Establish the New "John R. Oishei Children's Hospital" in Buffalo
- The Architects
- The Physician-led Steering Committee
- Vision and Goals
- Questions or Comments?
219 Bryant Street
Buffalo, NY 14222
June Update: Plans Continue To Gain Momentum
Clinical, operational and municipal planning highlights recent progress for the physician-led plan to build a new medical office building and new hospital on the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus (BNMC). This includes:
- Inpatient tower plans – The hospital’s Physician Strategic Planning Committee and the architect, Shepley Bulfinch, continue to vet clinical planning, program design, building massing and access issues. Along with the physician committee, twenty six user groups are now engaged in the project, all unified in the goal of producing a plan for new ambulatory space and a new hospital.
- Medical office building – Ciminelli Real Estate is moving toward final site approval for their new building at Main and High Streets. They are working on schematic design with key tenants University at Buffalo (UB) and Kaleida Health, with plans to begin site work in August. Ciminelli Real Estate is also coordinating architectural and engineering plans with the two adjacent projects, the new Women and Children’s Hospital of Buffalo as well as the new medical school for UB.
- City planning – The City of Buffalo Planning Board has approved the Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo environmental impact statement (EIS). At the May meeting, the Board also discussed initial building massing, floor plates and hospital access for the new building. Official site plan approval for the inpatient tower project is the next milestone to reach.
- Certificate of Need – Later this month, Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo will officially submit its Certificate of Need (CON) with the New York State Department of Health. The CON process is the state regulatory process that governs among other things, construction and renovation of health care facilities; much like the plan for a new Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo Hospital.
- Community outreach – Hospital officials continue to meet with dozens of neighbors, business leaders and block clubs as part of the planning process. The next two community meeting are scheduled for Tuesday, June 12 at 6 p.m. @ Women & Children’s Hospital and Wednesday, June 13 at 5:30 p.m. at the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus offices, 640 Ellicott Street.