- Largest Personal Donation Presented or the John R. Oishei Children's Hospital Will Create the Alfiero Family Emergency Care Center
- Alfiero Presentation press release
- Women & Children's Hospital of Buffalo, Roswell Park Plan New Integrated Hematology Oncology Unit
- Historic $10 Million Donation Announced to Establish the New "John R. Oishei Children's Hospital" in Buffalo
- The Architects
- The Physician-led Steering Committee
- Vision and Goals
- Questions or Comments?
219 Bryant Street
Buffalo, NY 14222
Opinion Sought from City Planning Board on Draft of New Hospital Massing Plan
The image below displaying a proposed building floor plate and hospital access to adjacent streets for Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo’s physician-led plans on the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus will be shared during a meeting this week to obtain an early opinion from the City of Buffalo Planning Board, which is the City’s lead approving agency for this project.
This concept drawing includes a rough landscaping plan, a diagram of the driveway entrance and lay out of the buildings. However, this does not represent a formal submission of plans to the City and no action on the proposed plans will be taken by the Planning Board during this meeting. The purpose of the meeting is rather to help move forward the internal design process in a way that will be consistent with the City's goals and expectations.
Ultimately, this is a first step of the process needed to obtain the necessary City approvals for constructing the building. This process will include a massing plan approval, a height variance, an airport permit (helipad) and easements for tunnels/walkways. It’s anticipated that the Physician-led Steering Committee will review and finalize a formal approval application to be submitted to the Planning Board by June 15.
The image below will be presented to the City of Buffalo Planning Board: