Buffalo General Medical Center
100 High Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
- (716) 859-2864
- Map & Directions
The Pastoral Care division at Buffalo General Medical Center/Gates Vascular Institute is dedicated to providing spiritual and emotional support to individuals of all denominations, ages, race, creed or national origin.
Pastoral Care chaplains can facilitate and assist with the relationship between the patient and other hospital departments and/or patients and their own faith community.
Pastoral Care provides the following services and ministry:
- Supportive visitation and pastoral counseling
- Crisis intervention
- Communication with area community clergy and congregations
- Information on area churches, temples, etc.
- Prayer resources, i.e., bibles, and other spiritual literature
- Grief and bereavement support relating to issues of loss
- Specific sacramental or ritual needs (we will be glad to contact the appropriate faith community to facilitate any specific request)
- Assistance in decision making and ethics consultations
- Information and assistance with Advance Directive (Health Care Proxy)
- Assistance at family conferences