Buffalo General Medical Center
A Building, Lower Level
100 High Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
- (716) 859-2840
- (716) 859-2146
- (716) 859-1500 Fax
- MRI: 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Map & Directions
Buffalo General Medical Center provides a comprehensive range of diagnostic and interventional imaging services for both inpatients and outpatients. Kaleida Health’s radiologists and technicians utilize the latest imaging technology, which provides the most detailed images available.
The following imaging services are offered at the Buffalo General Medical Center:
- Bone Density Testing
- A bone density test is used to determine if an individual has osteoporosis or is developing osteoporosis. An X-ray is taken of the hip or spine, which measures the presence and amount of calcium and other minerals inside the bone.
- Cardiac Computed Tomography Angiography (CTA)
- The CTA's 64-slice technology offers outstanding advantages for assessing the cardiovascular system, including the ability to scan the heart within& five seconds to provide high quality images of the heart and coronary arteries with remarkable resolution.
- CT Scan
- Provides routine CAT Scan imaging on a 24-hour basis. Imaging-guided, interventional procedures are also performed.
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Provides general radiology service (X-rays) for routine radiology procedures and supports the specialty units of the Emergency Department, Surgery, GI, Urology and Orthopedic Clinic.
- Interventional Radiology
- Specially-trained radiologist and staff utilize advanced imaging technology to perform minimally invasive vascular and non-vascular procedures as an alternative to surgery.
- Provides abdominal, neurological, vascular and orthopedic magnetic resonance imaging.
- Nuclear Medicine
- By using radiopharmaceuticals, technologists can evaluate organ function and perform nuclear cardiac imaging.
- Certified sonographers provide diagnostic and ultrasound-guided interventional procedures.
TO REQUEST AN IMAGING DISC
Email BGMCImagingDiscRequests@kaleidahealth.org with the patient's full name, date of birth, date of study and name of study performed. Please include a contact phone number for any questions we may have and to notify the requester when the disc is ready to be picked up.
You will be required to sign a Medical Release Form and will need to show photo ID at pick up. If you are picking up for some other than yourself, you will need a note written by the patient stating you are authorized to pick up their disc on their behalf with your photo ID.