Women & Children's Hospital of Buffalo
219 Bryant Street
Buffalo, NY 14222
- (716) 878-7277
Immediate hospitalization, telephone consultation
- (716) 878-7000
Direct access to a Pediatric Hospitalist 24 hours a day
- Map & Directions
Hospitalist Services - Pediatrics
The Pediatric Hospitalist Group is part of UBMD Pediatrics and provides community-based physicians with access to the comprehensive services at Women & Children's Hospital of Buffalo, regardless of hospital affiliation or location.
Service is available for immediate medical consultation or referred and subsequent management of patients who require urgent hospitalization due to problems within the scope of general pediatrics.
- Timely appointments for patients referred for outpatient consultation (within the week is desired).
- Immediate access to a member of the group for telephone consultation and/or hospitalization of a patient.
- Responsive feedback (within 48 hours) and written communication after a patient examination with further contact thereafter.
- Quick connections to Women & Children's Hospital sub-specialist consultations.
- Consultative resources for physicians. All patients will be returned to the referring physician for primary care and unrelated problems.
Outpatient diagnostic evaluations and/or consultations with staff regarding general pediatric problems, including recurring acute illness, failure to thrive, obesity, and other difficult diagnostic problems are available.