Women & Children's Hospital of Buffalo
219 Bryant Street
Buffalo, NY 14222
- (716) 878-7667
Main pharmacy number 24/7
- (716) 878-7668 Fax
- Map & Directions
Pharmacy Services - Inpatient
The in-house pharmacy provides drug distribution and pharmaceutical dispensing services 24 hours per day, 7 days per week to all patients and departments within Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo.
The staff consists ofPharmacists and clinical pharmacists specifically trained in pediatrics (neonate, infant, children, adolescent) as well as adult pharmacy, pharmacology, and pharmacokinetics.
- Preparation and dispensing of a broad scope of pharmaceutical products (FDA approved and investigational medications), including oral dosage forms and sterile products (total parenteral nutrition, IV antibiotics immunological modifying agents, and antineoplastic chemotherapy) in unit dose or ready-to-use dosage forms on an around-the-clock basis.
- Preparation of unique and various medication dosage forms required to meet the specific need of patients.
- Review of each medication order for safety and completeness, including allergy, weight, and height; appropriateness of drug for indication, and accuracy for dosage based on a mg/kg calculation, route of administration, dosage interval, and duration for use.
- Drug information and educational services for medical and hospital nursing staff, as well as patients and their families when requested.
- Educational and clinical rotation opportunities for pharmacists enrolled in the doctoral level programs and a specialized residency program in pediatric pharmacy practice – in collaboration with several schools of pharmacy.
- Comprehensive clinical pharmacy services for patients in the PICU, NICU, Surgical and Medical Units through active participation in patient care rounds.
- Clinical pharmacology and pharmacokinetic consultations.