Buffalo General Medical Center
100 High Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
- (716) 859-1250
- Map & Directions
Advanced Orthopedic & Spine Center
Buffalo General's goal is to provide very good care for every patient, every day by every employee. One of the tools used to reach that goal is hourly patient rounding. Patients can expect to be visited by a member of the healthcare team every hour from 6 a.m. – 10 p.m. and every 2 hours from 10 p.m. – 6 a.m.
During hourly rounding, the medical team will be:
- Checking on the patient and their well-being to address any personal needs
- Monitoring pain
- Ensuring that the patient is comfort
- Assisting with trips to the bathroom
Caregivers will also ensure access to:
- Telephone and bedside table
- Water and other beverages
- Personal items (glasses, hearing aide, etc.)
- Call light for assistance
- Urinal and/or bedpan
After patients are discharged, they may receive a survey inquiring about their hospital experience and the care received. It is our goal that every patient experiences very good care by our team and will note that on the survey.
If during hospitalization, the patient feels they are not receiving very good care, the staff should be notified at once so that any issues can be take care of immediately.