Mission & Goals
It is the libraries vision that their customers be able to access knowledge-based information and perform routine information-gathering activities with equal ease from their workstations in hospitals, offices, or homes.
The mission of the Kaleida Health Libraries is to provide current, authoritative, and easily accessible knowledge-based information in support of patient care, education, management decision-making, and research needs of the Kaleida Health community.
- Maintain high quality resources and services efficiently and cost-effectively.
- Provide access to external knowledge-based information in the biomedical and health sciences.
- Support and promote effective use of knowledge-based information and information technology.
- Participate in and contribute to innovative, technologically advanced, and cost-effective resource-sharing efforts in improving access to knowledge-based information.
- Participate in and contribute to the Kaleida Health System's CQI efforts.
Knowledge-based information, according to JCAHO, is a collection of stored facts, models, and information that can be used for designing and redesigning precesses and for problem-solving. In the context of the JCAHO Accreditation Manual of Healthcare Organizations, knowledge-based information is found in the clinical and management literature.