- Latest Headlines
- October Children’s Champion
- The Family Resource Center Celebrates One Year Since Opening
- Dr. Michelle Walter Brings Supportive Care to Women & Children’s Hospital
- Amherst Middle School Begins Year-Long Program to Benefit Women & Children’s Hospital
- Haunted Hollow Returns to Clarence this Halloween
- View All Headlines
- Kaleida in the News
- Media Advisories
- Press Releases
- Facts at a Glance
- KYI Newsletter
726 Exchange Street
Buffalo, NY 14210
Kaleida Health Receives Strategic Integration Award
Kaleida Health received the award for its alignment of Spirit of Women educational programming, community outreach, screenings and communications to support its overall strategic priorities.
To address high rates of cardiovascular disease in Erie and Niagara counties among women, Kaleida Health will:
- Increase the percentage of women screened for cardiovascular disease at their annual OB/GYN visits.
- Practitioners will become HeartCaring providers.
- Encourage patients to join Spirit of Women.
- Develop educational programing to support those at risk, or already living with, cardiovascular disease.
By screening patients, Kaleida Health will be able to offer materials and refer to a primary care physician or cardiologist for those identified as at risk for cardiovascular disease.
The HeartCaring platform is an evidence-based program through Spirit of Women that focuses on prevention and emphasizes screening and patient education to support lifestyle changes. It addresses the varying patterns of cardiovascular disease for women. The goal is to assess and modify women’s cardiovascular disease risk through gender-specific strategies including the different interventions, therapies and prevention guidelines.