- Latest Headlines
- John R. Oishei Children’s Hospital Construction Cam
- Buffalo Philharmonic presents $15,000 to the John R. Oishei Children’s Hospital
- Expectant Moms and their Babies to Benefit from New March of Dimes Project
- Charity Crafters Donate Hand-Knit Items for Newborns in Need
- Progress Continues on New Children’s Hospital Project
- View All Headlines
- Kaleida in the News
- Media Advisories
- Press Releases
- Facts at a Glance
- KYI Newsletter
726 Exchange Street
Buffalo, NY 14210
Calico Club Donates Toys, Clothes for Welcome Bags
The Calico Club, a Springville-based service organization, stopped by Women & Children’s Hospital on August 5 to donate an amazing collection of toys, games, snacks and baby clothes for the hospital’s welcome bags.
The hospital provides welcome bags to all incoming patients, and the Calico Club’s donation will help make these bags better than ever. The Calico Club sees their donation as an opportunity to make a potentially stressful time a little more comfortable for families.
The Calico Club is composed of area women who seek to be active in their community through social and service activities. Beginning in the 1960’s, the group used their mutual interest in crafts to benefit the local community. It has since expanded to a wide variety of service projects, including their “Random Acts of Kindness” that take place each month. Additionally, members of the club annually sponsor a $500 scholarship for one graduating senior from Springville-Griffith High School.
Thank you to all of the members of the Calico Club for their wonderful donation!