- Latest Headlines
- Women & Children’s Hospital Pediatric ICU Ranks High Amongst National Peers
- Updated Patient Visitation Policy Effective Immediately
- Clinical Documentation Improvement Week
- DeGraff Adult Day Care Celebrates National Adult Day Services Week
- Deborah Dee named Women & Children’s Hospital Employee of the Year
- View All Headlines
- Kaleida in the News
- Media Advisories
- Press Releases
- Facts at a Glance
- KYI Newsletter
726 Exchange Street
Buffalo, NY 14210
Kaleida Health’s Community Health Needs Assessment and Community Service Plan Recognized by Department of Health
Kaleida Health’s Community Health Needs Assessment and Community Service Plan 2014-2016 is a three year plan describing how the organization will address the public health priorities established in the NYSDOH Prevention Agenda 2013-2017, which aims to make New York State the healthiest state in the country.
Following a thorough assessment of specific health needs in Erie and Niagara counties, Kaleida Health identified three initiatives to undertake as part of its community service plan, including:
- Breastfeeding: Increase the proportion of babies in Erie County who are breastfed upon discharge. Kaleida Health will work to improve collaboration, support, and education for patients and staff at Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital and Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo.
- Cardiovascular screening: Targeting women at risk for cardiovascular disease, Kaleida Health will integrate cardiovascular disease screening into annual OB/GYN visits at the Women’s Health Centers in Erie and Niagara counties and provide education and support resources.
- Falls prevention: Reduce fall-related hospitalizations among the adult population aged 65 and older in Niagara County by offering training and support resources through the Stay Well on Your Feet/Falls Prevention Outreach Program.
Kaleida Health’s full Community Health Needs Assessment and Community Service Plan 2014-2016 is available at http://www.kaleidahealth.org/community/CommHealthRprt-2014-16.pdf.