- Latest Headlines
- Fastest Growing Private Frozen Yogurt Chain, Hoopla!, to Open in Orchard Park
- EPIC Donates Painting to Mother-Baby Unit at Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo
- Grosner, Levy to be Honored at 2014 Kaleida Ball
- Kaleida Health Partners with NHL and Buffalo Sabres for NHL Combine
- WCHOB Announces Chief Nursing Officer Appointment
- View All Headlines
- Kaleida in the News
- Media Advisories
- Press Releases
- Facts at a Glance
- KYI Newsletter
726 Exchange Street
Buffalo, NY 14210
Dr. Jeffrey Johnson Appointed Chief, Maternal-Fetal Medicine & Medical Director, Perinatal Center of WNY
Jeffrey R. Johnson, MD has been appointed Chief of Maternal-Fetal Medicine, University at Buffalo and Medical Director of the Perinatal Center of Western New York, Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo.
Dr. Johnson joins a team of board certified maternal-fetal medicine specialists at Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo in the Regional Perinatal Center, the only such designated center in the eight counties of Western New York. In his new roles, Dr. Johnson will be responsible for providing clinical leadership for the service line, growing the services available and recruiting faculty members to join the team. Additionally, he and his team will focus on research, both on a basic science as well as clinical projects.
Most recently Director of Obstetrical Specialties, Southern Region at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in New Hampshire and Staff Physician, Maternal-Fetal Medicine at New Hampshire’s Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Catholic Medical Center, Elliot Hospital and Wentworth-Douglass Hospital, Dr. Johnson earned a master of arts in medical sciences and a degree in medicine from Boston University. Dr. Johnson is board certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology and Maternal-Fetal Medicine.
Maternal-Fetal Medicine provides comprehensive care and birth planning for high risk or complicated pregnancies, including:
- Preconception Counseling
- Genetic evaluation by a certified genetic counselor
- Prenatal screening and diagnosis (first & second trimester)
- Ultrasound screening (targeted anomaly exams, nuchal translucency) including 3D/4D
- Management of multiple gestation
- Diabetic monitoring and testing
- Diagnosis and management of fetal anomalies, e.g. congenital diaphragmatic hernia, abdominal wall defects, lung lesions, twin transfusion syndrome, skeletal dysplasia
- CVS/amniocentesis/PUBS/fetal transfusions
- Consultation of chronic maternal medical conditions
Designated by New York State as the Regional Perinatal Center for Western New York, Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo offers a comprehensive maternal and newborn service assessing high-risk women who may be having a high-risk fetus which will require a high level of specialized care – many of which are not available anywhere else in Western New York.
Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo offers women the best option for delivering their baby as the only hospital in Western New York with teams of maternal-fetal medicine physicians, pediatric surgeons and a full panel of pediatric medical subspecialists on site, including the region’s largest, safest and most advanced neonatal intensive care unit.
These teams are the only in Western New York that offer this multidisciplinary approach to care for high risk pregnancies or babies for therapies or procedures required immediately after delivery. Together, they determine the best care plan, and are available to be present at birth to help ensure the baby has the very best outcome possible.
Next day appointments for Maternal-Fetal Medicine are available by calling (716) 878-1227.
More information about the Regional Perinatal Center and other maternity services at Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo is available online at www.BuffaloBaby.org.