- Latest Headlines
- Gates Vascular Institute Recognized for Aesthetic Appeal
- Daisy Troop Donates Books, Stuffed Animals to Women & Children’s Hospital
- Minions Stop By WCHOB to Visit With Patients
- Welcome to the 2014 1st & 2nd Quarter Physician Recruits
- Hoopla! Frozen Yogurt to Donate 100% of Tonight’s Grand Opening Proceeds to WCHOB
- View All Headlines
- Kaleida in the News
- Media Advisories
- Press Releases
- Facts at a Glance
- KYI Newsletter
726 Exchange Street
Buffalo, NY 14210
Cardiovascular Team Achieves Three-Star Rating
- Isolated Aortic Valve Replacement (AVR) January 2010-December 2013
- Isolated Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG) January 2013-December 2013
- AVR + CABG January 2010-December 2013
There are 572 institutions that report their participant performance for all three categories-isolated CABG, combined CABG and AVR and isolated AVR- to the Society of Thoracic Surgeons, and only 17 of them achieved three-stars in all three categories; the GVI being one of the 17. This incredible achievement ranks the GVI in the top three percent of cardiovascular programs.
Kaleida Health’s cardiac program has been rated in the top 10% for heart surgery and among the top 5% in the nation for coronary angioplasty. In addition, the program has been named a BlueCross BlueShield “distinction center” for cardiac care in Western New York and has received a HealthGrades Five Star award, the UnitedHealthcare Cardiac Center of Excellence award and the Premier award for Quality for Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery.
Kaleida Health cardiac program accounts for approximately 8,000 catheterization procedures and nearly 1,000 heart surgeries each year in Western New York.
The Society of Thoracic Surgeons is an international organization representing thousands of cardiothoracic clinicians and researchers. Their goal is to ensure the best possible outcomes for surgeries performed within the chest.