- Latest Headlines
- Gates Vascular Institute Performs First Cardiac Cryoablations
- Daughter of WCHOB Doctor to Appear on "Jeopardy!"
- Luminosa Winterguard Give Away Teddy Bears at Women & Children’s Hospital
- Kaleida Health Announces Chief Medical Officer Appointments
- Karola Long, RN Named 2014 Perinatal Nurse of the Year by the Buffalo Prenatal-Perinatal Network
- View All Headlines
- Kaleida in the News
- Media Advisories
- Press Releases
- Facts at a Glance
- KYI Newsletter
726 Exchange Street
Buffalo, NY 14210
Dr. Lan Le Adams Appointed Maternal-Fetal Medicine Specialist
Most recently Assistant Instructor, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences Department and Medical Director of Regional Perinatal Services, Columbus Regional Healthcare System in Georgia, Dr. Adams earned her degree in medicine from Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine and her Master of Public Health at the University of Maryland School of Medicine, School of Public Health. Dr Adams is Board Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Dr. Adams joins a team of board certified maternal-fetal medicine specialists at Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo in the WesternNew YorkRegionalPerinatalCenter, the only such designated center in the eight counties of Western New York.
Maternal-Fetal Medicine provides comprehensive care and birth planning for high risk or complicated pregnancies, including:
- Specialists who help ensure best outcomes for both the mother and fetus throughout pregnancy.
- Consultative services for chronic maternal medical conditions
- Genetic counseling
- Prenatal screening and diagnosis - first and second trimester
- Specialists who provide care throughout diabetic pregnancies
Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo offers women the best option for delivering their baby as the only hospital in Western New York with teams of maternal-fetal medicine physicians pediatric surgeons and a full panel of pediatric medical subspecialists on site, including the region’s largest, most advanced and safest neonatal intensive care unit.
These teams are the only in Western New York that offer this multidisciplinary approach to care for high risk pregnancies or babies for therapies or procedures required immediately after delivery. These teams together determine the best care plan, and are available to be present at birth to help ensure the baby has the very best outcome possible.
Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo has delivered babies on site for more than 100 years and among the very few children’s hospitals in the United States with full-service maternity services, including the RegionalPerinatalCenter, Labor & Delivery, Mother-Baby Unit and its network of neighborhood OB/GYN Centers.
Next day appointments for Maternal-Fetal Medicine are available by calling (716) 878-1220.
More information about the RegionalPerinatalCenter and other maternity services at Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo is available online at www.BuffaloBaby.org.