- Latest Headlines
- Daughter of WCHOB Doctor to Appear on "Jeopardy!"
- Luminosa Winterguard Give Away Teddy Bears at Women & Children’s Hospital
- Kaleida Health Announces Chief Medical Officer Appointments
- Karola Long, RN Named 2014 Perinatal Nurse of the Year by the Buffalo Prenatal-Perinatal Network
- Young Patient Donates Movies to MRI Library
- View All Headlines
- Kaleida in the News
- Media Advisories
- Press Releases
- Facts at a Glance
- KYI Newsletter
726 Exchange Street
Buffalo, NY 14210
Eleven-year-old Donates Birthday Funds to Miles for Smiles
For her 11th birthday party, Emily Bunch didn’t ask for gifts. She asked for donations to our Miles For Smiles Organization in memory of a dear family friend, Justin Pietrowski, who passed away last year at age 25. Justin was born with cleft lip and palate and was cared for his entire life by our Craniofacial Team. Emily's selfless act raised $150 for Miles for Smiles.
The Miles For Smiles Organization was founded in 1990 as a volunteer fundraising organization. Its founding was motivated by the recognition that children with special needs and craniofacial anomalies were not having all of their needs met due to medical and dental insurance limitations. Today, Miles for Smiles serves children and their families cared for by the Comprehensive Oral Health for Disabled Youth (COHDY) Program and the Craniofacial Center of Western New York at Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo.