- Latest Headlines
- Women & Children’s Hospital Pediatric ICU Ranks High Amongst National Peers
- Clinical Documentation Improvement Week
- Updated Patient Visitation Policy Effective Immediately
- DeGraff Adult Day Care Celebrates National Adult Day Services Week
- Deborah Dee named Women & Children’s Hospital Employee of the Year
- View All Headlines
- Kaleida in the News
- Media Advisories
- Press Releases
- Facts at a Glance
- KYI Newsletter
726 Exchange Street
Buffalo, NY 14210
Celebrating Child Life Month
Child Life focuses on the importance of play and its benefits for patients. Therapeutic play provides a non-threatening experience for children to express feelings and gain control of situations despite what can be stressful surroundings.
To see more photos of Child Life events and specialists, go online here (and "like" us while you're there!):
Goals of the Child Life services include encouraging expression of feelings, easing children’s fears, supporting patients and families as well as helping children maintain their self-esteem, independence and control in a way that bridges the gap between home and hospital.
Child Life specialists provide many interactive services for our pediatric patients, including dog therapy, holiday and birthday celebrations, therapeutic or medical play and education, pre-hospitalization tours, special guests and much more.
|Related Kaleida Service: Child Life Department|