- Latest Headlines
- Early Childhood Direction Center Coordinator Wins 2014 Quality Care Award
- Super Hero Saturday at Boulevard Mall to Benefit John R. Oishei Children’s Hospital
- Hearing Loss Education Class for Parents and Families
- WCHOB Parking Ramp Stairwell to be Closed Temporarily
- Mary Watkins of Child Protective Services Stationed at Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo
- View All Headlines
- Kaleida in the News
- Media Advisories
- Press Releases
- Facts at a Glance
- KYI Newsletter
726 Exchange Street
Buffalo, NY 14210
Kaleida Health Partners with Rural/Metro for Young Resident
Kaleida Health's HighPointe on Michigan partnered with Rural/Metro Medical Services to spread holiday cheer and bring a family together last week. Rural/Metro transported a four-year-old resident from HighPointe's Pediatric Pavilion to her home on Christmas Day to allow the child, who has a breathing tube and is oxygen dependent, to spend her first Christmas at home.
Staff decorated the ambulance with holiday lights, a wire-frame reindeer and presents. One of Rural/Metro's paramedics even dressed up as Santa Claus and joined the little girl for her ride home.
“There truly is no place like home at the holidays,” said Jay Smith, regional director for Rural/Metro Medical Services. “For some people, this may be a much harder holiday dream to attain. Patients at hospitals, nursing homes and care facilities may not be well enough to spend Christmas with loved ones. We are just delighted that we can at least help one family make this dream come true this year."