726 Exchange Street
Buffalo, NY 14210
New, Year-long Patient Visitation Guidelines
Effective Immediately for Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo
To help protect our patients, their families, visitors and staff, Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo has established new, year-around patient visitation guidelines to help avoid the spread of seasonal and other infections or illness, and to help ensure a safe environment for all.
The following patient visitation guidelines are effective immediately:
- Parents are not considered visitors. Parents or grandparents may visit anytime, 24/7.
- Visiting hours for family and friends are from 8:30 am – 8:30 pm.
- Please do not visit the hospital if you are sick. All visitors will be screened for a contagious disease before entering patient care areas. Visitors entering will then receive a pass that must be worn prominently at all times.
- Parents will receive a wrist band when their child is admitted. Please wear this band for your child’s entire admission. This band must be shown at the security or information desks each time a parent visits above the first floor.
- All children under the age of 14 years must be accompanied by a supervising adult other than a patient.
- Children under the age of 5 years are not permitted to visit in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit or Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
- There is a maximum of 4 people permitted at the bedside in inpatient areas.
- There is a maximum of 2 healthy adults permitted in Same Day Surgery and the Minor Procedure Area due to space limitations and to help ensure privacy.
- Please wash your hands or use hand gel before and after entering a patient’s room, and have yourself, your child and other family members vaccinated for flu season.
Thank you for helping us provide a safe environment for all our patients, their families, visitors and staff.
Additional information available: http://www.wchob.org/familyresourcecenter