- Latest Headlines
- John R. Oishei Children’s Hospital Construction Cam
- October Children’s Champion
- The Family Resource Center Celebrates One Year Since Opening
- Danielle Goetz, MD Named Director of the Cystic Fibrosis Center at Women & Children’s Hospital
- Dr. Michelle Walter Brings Supportive Care to Women & Children’s Hospital
- View All Headlines
- Kaleida in the News
- Media Advisories
- Press Releases
- Facts at a Glance
- KYI Newsletter
726 Exchange Street
Buffalo, NY 14210
Saturday is National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day
Do you have medications that are expired, no longer needed or filling up your medicine cabinet? Dispose of prescriptions, over-the-counter medications and needles in a safe way on Saturday, October 26, 2013 during National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day.
Drop off medications between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. at Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital or DeGraff Memorial Hospital.
Properly disposing of medications prevents people from pouring drugs down sinks or into toilets, contaminating the water system with the substances. It also removes the drugs from homes for illicit use.
Police officers, Kaleida Health security officers and officers from the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) will be at each site. After drugs are dropped off, the DEA takes possession and incinerates them.
Prescription drug take-backs are offered each fall and spring at Kaleida Health. Safely dispose of drugs at any time of the year at the University at Buffalo's Bissell Hall, which is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week on the north campus.