- Latest Headlines
- VNA of WNY Ranked Among Top Five Percent Nationally
- Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital Respiratory Team Receives Elite Distinction
- Schonbachler Named Senior Director, Business Development and Patient Transitions at VNA
- Cooling newborns to save their lives
- 36th Annual Festival of Trees Rings In the Holiday Season
- View All Headlines
- Kaleida in the News
- Media Advisories
- Press Releases
- Facts at a Glance
- KYI Newsletter
726 Exchange Street
Buffalo, NY 14210
Kaleida Health Lead Agency in Erie County for NY State of Health
Kaleida Health was awarded a $1.55 million grant from the New York State Department of Health to be the lead agency in Erie County for the In-Person Assistors (IPAs)/Navigators program of the New York Health Benefit Exchange.
Kaleida Health has been the lead agency for facilitated enrollment since 2002. During that time, facilitated enrollers processed over 26,000 applications, which resulted in 23,825 individuals receiving healthcare coverage.
Under the new grant, Kaleida Health staff will assist individuals, whether a Kaleida Health patient or not, to:
- Understand the insurance offerings on the Exchange
- Select the best options for themselves, their family, or their small business
- Determine what level of financial assistance is available to them
- Apply for and secure coverage
Appointments are free, confidential, and may be completed over the phone or in person. Kaleida Health IPAs/Navigators are available at Kaleida Health locations at convenient times, including evenings and weekends. A new community-based location will open in November 2013 to offer additional access.
IPAs/Navigators, who have been trained and certified by the New York State Department of Health, can also help individuals enroll in Medicaid, Child Health Plus, the Individual Marketplace, and the Small Business Marketplace.
Open enrollment begins on October 1, 2013 for coverage that will be effective January 1, 2014. Individuals who qualify for Medicaid or Child Health Plus may enroll in any month of the year. Small business employers may choose open enrollment dates for their employees any month of the year.
To speak with an IPA/Navigator, please call 716-859-8979.
For more information about NY State of Health: The Official Health Plan Marketplace, including the four different levels of plans, participating insurers and frequently asked questions, visit https://nystateofhealth.ny.gov/.