100 High Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
3rd Annual Southern Tier Physician Outreach Symposium
Earn CME credits while receiving select pediatric updates by physician leaders
The 3rd annual Southern Tier Physician Outreach Symposium hosted by Women & Childrenís Hospital of Buffalo is scheduled once again at the scenic Tamarack Club at HolidayValley on Saturday, September 28 from 1 - 4:30 p.m.
Featuring physician leaders in Pediatric Surgery, OB/GYN and Allergy, Immunology and Rheumatology, the half-day agenda includes the following presentations:
- Guidelines for the Use of Oral Contraceptives in the Primary Care Setting by Gil Farkash, MD, FACOG, Chief of Service, Kaleida Health Ob/Gyn
- Outcomes Based Analysis from the American Pediatric Surgical Association: Basing Practice on Best Evidence by Kathryn Bass, MD, Chief, Trauma Surgery, Women & Childrenís Hospital of Buffalo
- Evaluating Children with Musculoskeletal Complaints: An Evidence Based Approach by James Jarvis, MD, FAAP, Chief, Allergy, Immunology, Rheumatology, Women & Childrenís Hospital
These presentations will be followed by a half hour round table discussion with the presenters.
This program is intended to provide primary care physicians, health care providers and related professionals an update on practical aspects of common pediatric topics. †Educational objectives:
1. Manage side effects of oral contraceptives
2. Identify non-contraceptive benefits of OCPís
3. Review the latest outcomes data in the pediatric surgery literature
4. Understand the indications for surgical treatments based on best evidence
5. Recognize common presentations of children with arthritis
6. Use appropriate laboratory evaluation of children with joint pain
Free CME Accreditation: The University at Buffalo (UB) School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. †AMA/PRA Designation Statement: The UB School of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences designates this live activity for a maximum of 2.25 AMA PRA Category 1
Credit(s).TM Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Kaleida Health is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the PA State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Centerís Commission on Accreditation. †It has been assigned code 085-3-H-12 for 2.25 contact hours.
Advance registration is appreciated but not mandatory. On-site registration will take place prior to the start of the conference. To expedite the process, please complete the form accessible online at www.wchob.org/SouthernTier and bring it with you.†
Cost of Registration: $25 for physicians. All others may attend free of charge. †Please make check payable to Women & Childrenís Hospital of Buffalo.
For more information, please call Joanne Moskal, Women & Childrenís Hospital of Buffalo, at (716) 878-7551 or emal her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional information available: http://www.wchob.org/SouthernTier