- Latest Headlines
- Early Childhood Direction Center Coordinator Wins 2014 Quality Care Award
- Super Hero Saturday at Boulevard Mall to Benefit John R. Oishei Children’s Hospital
- Hearing Loss Education Class for Parents and Families
- WCHOB Parking Ramp Stairwell to be Closed Temporarily
- Mary Watkins of Child Protective Services Stationed at Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo
- View All Headlines
- Kaleida in the News
- Media Advisories
- Press Releases
- Facts at a Glance
- KYI Newsletter
726 Exchange Street
Buffalo, NY 14210
Ackerman Named Senior Director, Nursing Practice and Critical Care, BGMC/GVI
In his new role, Ackerman will lead the day-to-day operations of BGMC/GVI critical care nursing units and develop and implement nursing strategy and corporate policies to ensure high quality care and high patient satisfaction. He will also develop and implement a variety of projects including management programs, nursing practice guidelines, nursing quality indicators, nursing research-based practices, and clinical pathways.
“Mike has a tremendous amount of experience in leadership and transformation,” said Roxanne Darling Walther, RN, BSN, MS, ANP, chief nursing officer, BGMC/GVI. “The results he has obtained in previous positions not only impacted revenue, they improved patient and employee satisfaction and garnered national recognition and ranking.”
Ackerman has held a variety of clinical, academic and leadership positions that include:
- Associate Director of Nursing and Director of the Sovie Center of Advanced Practice, University of Rochester Medical Center
- Director, Center for Clinical Trials and Medical Device Evaluation, University of Rochester Medical Center
- Senior Nurse Practitioner, Strong Memorial Hospital
- Professor of Clinical Nursing, University of Rochester School of Nursing
- Senior Advanced Practice Nurse, Cardiovascular Surgery, University of Rochester Medical Center
- Senior Critical Care Nurse Practitioner, Cardiovascular ICU, University of Rochester Medical Center
- Director, Outcomes and Clinical Trial Center, University of Rochester Medical Center
- Advanced Practice Nurse and Clinical Researcher, Strong Memorial Hospital/University of Rochester Medical Center
- Senior Instructor, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Department of Surgery
Most recently, Ackerman served as assistant director of nursing, critical care and The Center of Professional Development and Innovation at the Erie County Medical Center.
“I am pleased to be a part of the BGMC/GVI team during such an exciting time in health care, especially here in Buffalo,” said Ackerman. “I look forward to meeting everyone and working together to continue to build upon our success.”
Ackerman has been widely published, has received numerous awards and recognitions, and has been a member of or participated in dozens of national committees, boards, and presentations.
He received his Bachelor of Science degree in nursing from Niagara University and his Master of Science degree in nursing and Doctorate in nursing from the State University of New York at Buffalo.