- Latest Headlines
- Doctors of the World raise $15,000 for the John R. Oishei Children’s Hospital
- Kaleida Classic Golf Tournament Rescheduled
- Gates Vascular Institute Performs First Cardiac Cryoablations
- Daughter of WCHOB Doctor Featured on "Jeopardy!"
- Luminosa Winterguard Give Away Teddy Bears at Women & Children’s Hospital
- View All Headlines
- Kaleida in the News
- Media Advisories
- Press Releases
- Facts at a Glance
- KYI Newsletter
726 Exchange Street
Buffalo, NY 14210
Nowak Named Director of Cardiovascular Services at BGMC/GVI
As director, Nowak will be responsible for providing site-level cardiac nursing leadership to patient care and service delivery areas focused on cardiac patients, including oversight of staff, budget and quality. He will also oversee assigned nursing service operations at BGMC/GVI for cardiovascular units/departments and will be responsible for compliance with DNV, New York State Department of Health and other regulatory agency recommendations and standards.
Most recently, Nowak held the position of associate director of geriatric nursing at Strong Memorial Hospital and clinical director, Center of Nursing Entrepreneurship at the University of Rochester School of Nursing. He has considerable executive level experience in the implementation of strategies to improve quality, patient flow, fiscal performance, patient satisfaction and staff development.
“Dan adds valuable leadership experience along with a strong cardiac background,” said Lorie Mariano, senior director of vascular services. “His knowledge will be invaluable to us as we continue to grow the cardiovascular service line.”
The majority of Nowak’s career has been spent in cardiac services, starting as a staff nurse in the MICU/CCU at Rochester General Hospital. He went on to hold positions as:
- Senior Nurse Manager, Cardiology, Strong Memorial Hospital
- Nurse Manager, MICU/CCU/IV Systems, Rochester General Hospital
- Nurse Manager, Medical/Surgical ICU, Step-Down, Respiratory Therapy, Highland Hospital
- Associate Director, Perioperative Services, Strong Memorial Hospital
- Interim Assoc. Director, Emergency Services, Strong Memorial Hospital
- Assistant Vice President, Nursing and Clinical Services, VIA HEALTH
“I am very excited to join cardiovascular services at Kaleida Health,” said Nowak. “The program’s reputation was a major factor in my pursuing this position, and I look forward to working with the CV team to continue and expand upon the great work being done.”
Nowak received his Bachelor of Science degree in nursing from SUNY College at Brockport and his Master of Science degree in nursing administration from the University of Rochester.