- Latest Headlines
- Gates Vascular Institute Recognized for Aesthetic Appeal
- Daisy Troop Donates Books, Stuffed Animals to Women & Children’s Hospital
- Minions Stop By WCHOB to Visit With Patients
- Welcome to the 2014 1st & 2nd Quarter Physician Recruits
- Hoopla! Frozen Yogurt to Donate 100% of Tonight’s Grand Opening Proceeds to WCHOB
- View All Headlines
- Kaleida in the News
- Media Advisories
- Press Releases
- Facts at a Glance
- KYI Newsletter
726 Exchange Street
Buffalo, NY 14210
Lisa Schmidt Named Chief Operating Officer, Core Services, Buffalo General Medical Center
Lisa Schmidt has been named chief operating officer, core services, Buffalo General Medical Center.
As COO, Schmidt will assume executive leadership of the core services of Buffalo General, including the emergency department, critical care, inpatient flow, and ambulatory network. She will also serve as liaison to corporate services such as the laboratory and others.
Schmidt’s appointment represents the final step in Buffalo General Medical Center’s strategic realignment of the administrative leadership team structure into three divisions: Gates Vascular Institute, orthopedics, now called Advanced Orthopedic & Spine Center, and core services of Buffalo General.
“I am so grateful to have had tremendous opportunities here at Kaleida Health,” said Schmidt. “This is such a transformational era in health care-particularly here in Buffalo. I’m thrilled to have this newest opportunity to lead Buffalo General Medical Center into the future and in partnership with the entire staff.”
Most recently, Schmidt held the position of vice president, strategic initiatives & implementation.
“Lisa has been an invaluable asset to Kaleida Health for 25 years,” said Cheryl Klass, senior vice president, operations, Buffalo General Medical Center and president, Women & Children's Hospital of Buffalo. “Her strategic vision and execution, coupled with keen, patient-centered judgment, have created a strong track record of success, which has resulted in increased revenue, streamlined processes and improved satisfaction. Lisa is perfectly suited for this exciting new challenge.”
Schmidt joined Kaleida Health in 1988. Her experience includes:
- Senior Director, Ambulatory Services, Buffalo General Medical Center/Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo
- Project Coordinator, Performance Improvement, Buffalo General Medical Center
- Manager, Ambulatory Clinics/Geriatric Ambulatory, Millard Fillmore Gates Circle Hospital
- Specialist/Senior Employee Relations Specialist, Millard Fillmore Gates Circle Hospital
- Manager, Women’s Health Services, Buffalo General Medical Center
She is a Six Sigma Master Black Belt and serves as board member, Buffalo Prenatal/Perinatal Association; sustainability committee member, Buffalo Prenatal/Perinatal Association; and committee member/past chair, Deaconess pediatric unit at HighPointe on Michigan.
Schmidt was named a 2013 Business First Top 50 in Healthcare and was a 2012 Buffalo Prenatal Perinatal Network honoree.
A resident of Grand Island, Schmidt holds a Bachelor of Science degree from Medaille College and a Master of Science degree, Executive Leadership, from Daemen College.