- Latest Headlines
- Daughter of WCHOB Doctor to Appear on "Jeopardy!"
- Luminosa Winterguard Give Away Teddy Bears at Women & Children’s Hospital
- Kaleida Health Announces Chief Medical Officer Appointments
- Karola Long, RN Named 2014 Perinatal Nurse of the Year by the Buffalo Prenatal-Perinatal Network
- Young Patient Donates Movies to MRI Library
- View All Headlines
- Kaleida in the News
- Media Advisories
- Press Releases
- Facts at a Glance
- KYI Newsletter
726 Exchange Street
Buffalo, NY 14210
Certificate of Need Submitted for Women’s Health Centers
Planned as new additions to the existing network of women’s health centers at Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo, DeGraff Memorial Hospital and the East Side at 462 Grider Street in Buffalo, the new women’s health centers will open for patients in 2013 upon receiving the necessary approval from NYSDOH.
These new centers are part of a plan to expand the women’s health service line throughout our local community and surrounding counties that includes on-going recruitment of new OB/GYN generalists. Recruitment of maternal fetal medicine specialists is also underway in response to the demand for high-risk consultations from both our local community OB/GYN practices as well as outlying community OB/GYN and family practitioners.
This plan also supports the Women's Pavilion planned for the John R. Oishei Children’s Hospital. Related services, including labor and delivery, the regional perinatal center and the women’s health center, which provides prenatal and gynecological care, c-section operating rooms and a high-risk unit, will be located on the same floor and connected directly to the Buffalo General Medical Center adult surgical floor for improved patient access and efficiencies in the delivery of care.
The Women’s Pavilion along with the network of women’s health centers of the John R. Oishei Children’s Hospital also offer a naming opportunity for a potential donor that will further position this service line as the regional center for women's health services.
More information about the existing women’s health centers as well as other maternity services at Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo is available online at www.buffalobaby.org or by calling (716) 878-7737.
The Buffalo Baby web site, designed for expectant and new parents, also contains the following:
- An overview of programs and services, including women’s health centers, preconception services, high-risk pregnancy and delivery, labor and delivery, mother and newborn care, and childbirth education
- Maternity tools for baby and mother, including find a doctor, maternity guidebooks (prenatal and labor and delivery) and due date calendar
- Online pre-registration for either Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital or Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo
- Online childbirth education
- Daily education opportunity for maternity classes offered throughout Kaleida Health
Additional information available: http://www.buffalobaby.org/