- Latest Headlines
- Early Childhood Direction Center Coordinator Wins 2014 Quality Care Award
- Super Hero Saturday at Boulevard Mall to Benefit John R. Oishei Children’s Hospital
- Hearing Loss Education Class for Parents and Families
- WCHOB Parking Ramp Stairwell to be Closed Temporarily
- Mary Watkins of Child Protective Services Stationed at Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo
- View All Headlines
- Kaleida in the News
- Media Advisories
- Press Releases
- Facts at a Glance
- KYI Newsletter
726 Exchange Street
Buffalo, NY 14210
Variety Kids Telethon Presents $50,000 for Neonatal Transport Equipment
The annual Variety Kids Telethon airs on WKBW-TV, Channel 7 to benefit Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo, its Robert Warner Center for Children with Special Needs and other children’s charities.
As the Regional Perinatal Center for Western New York, hospitals from the eight counties of Western New York and beyond transfer their most critically ill infants and high risk expectant mothers to Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo for the highest level of medical care available. The region's largest and most advanced NICU is located at Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo, providing critical care for the most seriously ill and premature newborns.
The neonatal transport team at Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo provides emergent ground or air transport of critically ill newborns in need of immediate care delivered by the NICU. This highly skilled and specialized team consists of neonatal nurse practitioners, registered respiratory therapists and neonatal physicians, when necessary. All are available at a moment's notice 24 hours per day, 7 days per week and represent the only team of its kind in Western New York.