- Latest Headlines
- Eleven-year-old Donates Birthday Funds to Miles for Smiles
- Kaleida Health Leaders Receive Healthcare 50 Award
- State Department of Health Planning Council Approves Projects
- Epilepsy Center Recognized as Level 4 Center by NAEC
- Teens with Type 1 Diabetes Share Experiences in Group Run by UB Medical Students
- View All Headlines
- Kaleida in the News
- Media Advisories
- Press Releases
- Facts at a Glance
- KYI Newsletter
726 Exchange Street
Buffalo, NY 14210
Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital Celebrates 1000th Robotic Surgery
At 10 a.m. Dr. Teresa Rush, gynecologic robotic surgeon, and her patient will be available to discuss the patient's clinical course and answer questions about the patient's recovery. Dr. Pankaj Singhal, Site Director of Robotic Surgery, will provide a brief overview of the robotic surgery program as well.
Throughout the day, surgeons will show the capabilities of this advanced technology, and the public can take part in a hands-on demonstration using a robot identical to the one in the operating rooms at Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital.
Robotic assisted surgery provides surgeons with unparalleled precision, dexterity and control that enable them to use a minimally invasive approach for many complex surgical procedures rather than traditional open surgery. This approach results in improved patient outcomes, including shortened hospital stays, less pain, reduced scarring and a rapid return to everyday life.