- Latest Headlines
- Early Childhood Direction Center Coordinator Wins 2014 Quality Care Award
- Super Hero Saturday at Boulevard Mall to Benefit John R. Oishei Children’s Hospital
- Hearing Loss Education Class for Parents and Families
- WCHOB Parking Ramp Stairwell to be Closed Temporarily
- Mary Watkins of Child Protective Services Stationed at Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo
- View All Headlines
- Kaleida in the News
- Media Advisories
- Press Releases
- Facts at a Glance
- KYI Newsletter
726 Exchange Street
Buffalo, NY 14210
Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital Celebrates 1000th Robotic Surgery
At 10 a.m. Dr. Teresa Rush, gynecologic robotic surgeon, and her patient will be available to discuss the patient's clinical course and answer questions about the patient's recovery. Dr. Pankaj Singhal, Site Director of Robotic Surgery, will provide a brief overview of the robotic surgery program as well.
Throughout the day, surgeons will show the capabilities of this advanced technology, and the public can take part in a hands-on demonstration using a robot identical to the one in the operating rooms at Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital.
Robotic assisted surgery provides surgeons with unparalleled precision, dexterity and control that enable them to use a minimally invasive approach for many complex surgical procedures rather than traditional open surgery. This approach results in improved patient outcomes, including shortened hospital stays, less pain, reduced scarring and a rapid return to everyday life.