- Latest Headlines
- Doctors of the World raise $15,000 for the John R. Oishei Children’s Hospital
- Kaleida Classic Golf Tournament Rescheduled
- Gates Vascular Institute Performs First Cardiac Cryoablations
- Daughter of WCHOB Doctor Featured on "Jeopardy!"
- Luminosa Winterguard Give Away Teddy Bears at Women & Children’s Hospital
- View All Headlines
- Kaleida in the News
- Media Advisories
- Press Releases
- Facts at a Glance
- KYI Newsletter
726 Exchange Street
Buffalo, NY 14210
Rosie Ross, RN, BSN, MBA, Appointed Senior Director of Surgical Services at BGMC/GVI
Rosie Ross, RN, BSN, MBA, has been appointed Senior Director, Surgical Services at Buffalo General Medical Center and the Gates Vascular Institute.
Rosie has held the position of Director of Surgical Services at a variety of healthcare organizations throughout the country, including the Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Catholic Healthcare West in California, and OASIS Ambulatory Surgery Center in Ohio.
Most recently, Rosie served as a transitional leader at B.E. Smith and HealthLinx – transitional healthcare solutions firms, which help leadership teams at hospitals and other healthcare organizations navigate change, stabilize operations, and improve the delivery of patient care.
As part of her consulting role, Rosie was a Transitional Senior Leadership Consultant at St. Mary’s Hospital in Colorado, Transitional Executive Leader at Kaiser Permanente in California, and Transitional Leadership Consultant at Children’s Hospital of Michigan and Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin.
“Rosie has a wealth of experience in the healthcare field,” said Roxanne Darling Walther, RN, MS, ANP, Chief Nursing Officer at Buffalo General Medical Center and the Gates Vascular Institute. “Her diverse background will bring a unique skill set to the campus, which will be an invaluable asset to the leadership team and surgical services departments.”
In her new role, Rosie will oversee nursing operations, develop and implement nursing strategies and policies, nursing practice guidelines, and quality indicators; all with a focus on delivering high quality care to patients and families.
She will also collaborate with the team at Women & Children’s Hospital to help drive development of the Ambulatory Surgery Center and new Pediatric ORs within the new Children’s Hospital.
Career highlights include:
- Converted to Epic paperless documentation across all services lines including Anesthesia
- Prepared and led successful Joint Commission Survey (zero RFI)
- Re-aligned Surgical Services organizational structure, which improved operational flow and employee satisfaction ratings
- Engaged Cardiovascular and Neuro department heads/surgeons in developing a robust service line team structure that promoted collaboration between physicians and nurse leaders in the OR
- Improved OR productivity from 78% to 100% YTD average in the first six months