100 High Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
New Resource Center Opens for Families of Patients
Online Family Resource Center accessible at www.wchob.org/familyresourcecenter
To see a video of the new Family Resource Center and the announcement of it's opening, click here:
Established with a team of parents, volunteers and other community partners who gathered to announce and celebrate this opening, the Family Resource Center is open to all patients and their families with easy access on the first floor just off the main lobby.
“With our Family Advisory Council comprised of parents of current and former patients, support from local community partners and new ideas shared by international experts in promoting family-centered care, we’ve created this new Family Resource Center to help support our families seeking information about their hospital visit or simply a comfortable place to gather,” said Ann Maghran, family centered care coordinator.
This new multi-purpose Family Resource Center includes:
- Information on community resources, agencies and services accessible via websites and hard copies
- Approved information, books and websites specific to condition and diagnosis
- Recreational books and videos in a lending library setting
- Computers for family use (to check email, research, pay bills, etc.)
- Copy/fax machines
- Comfortable space for support groups or other families of patients to gather
The Family Resource Center is supported by an online presence accessible at www.wchob.org/familyresourcecenter. This website offers a wide variety of helpful information for families of patients, including:
- Patient visitation guidelines
- Tips for preparing for your visit with how to talk with your child about the hospital and preparing or surgery
- Patient and family education materials
- Support services available for families throughout the hospital and in the community
- Hospital amenities
- Where to stay for nearby accommodations
- Dining options available inside the hospital and in the surrounding Elmwood Village
- Map and directions, information from the Buffalo airport, metro rail or bus, thruway and other forms of travel
- Patient financial services and the ability pay your bill online
Thank you to the following whose support was significant in establishing the new Family Resource Center at Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo:
Armstrong Ceilings - Bret Posnick
Armstrong World Industries
Benjamin Moore/Schuele Paint – Paul Leahey
Buffalo Office Interiors – Jim Spano
Conley Caseworks – Brian Mader
Guido’s Upholstery and DecoratingCenter
Heritage Contract Flooring
Michael Halebian Co., Inc.
Mid-City Office – Kathleen Clark
Painting & Decorating Contractors of Buffalo, NY
Prentice Office Environments
Architect/Designer: BHNT Architects, P.C.
For more information about the Family Resource Center, please call (716) 878-7664 or email email@example.com.
Additional information available: http://www.wchob.org/familyresourcecenter