- Latest Headlines
- Eleven-year-old Donates Birthday Funds to Miles for Smiles
- Kaleida Health Leaders Receive Healthcare 50 Award
- State Department of Health Planning Council Approves Projects
- Epilepsy Center Recognized as Level 4 Center by NAEC
- Teens with Type 1 Diabetes Share Experiences in Group Run by UB Medical Students
- View All Headlines
- Kaleida in the News
- Media Advisories
- Press Releases
- Facts at a Glance
- KYI Newsletter
726 Exchange Street
Buffalo, NY 14210
Breastfeeding Classes by Certified Lactation Consultants offered by Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo
Classes presented at Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo, 219 Bryant St., Buffalo, are as follows:
Wednesday, April 17 from 6 – 8 p.m.
Wednesday, June 5 from 6 – 8 p.m.
Classes presented at Destination Maternity, 2130 Walden Avenue, Cheektowaga, NY, are as follows:
Thursday, March 7 from 6- 8 p.m.
Thursday, May 9 from 6 – 8 p.m.
Breast milk is proven to be the safest and healthiest choice for babies along with providing many health-related benefits to new mothers, including:
* Prevention of excess bleeding
* Healthy weight loss
* Helping to shrink the uterus to pre-pregnancy size
* Reduction in the chance of infection
* Lowering the chances for obesity, diabetes and other diseases for the newborn
* Providing the best food for the baby’s growth and development
For more information about lactation or maternity services available across Kaleida Health, please go online at www.buffalobaby.org. Buffalo Baby is the brand for maternity services provided at Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo and Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital.
This website also contains the following information beneficial for new and expectant mothers and families:
* An overview of programs and services, including Women’s Health Centers, Preconception Services, High Risk Pregnancy and Deliver, Labor & Delivery, Mother and Newborn Care, and Childbirth Education
* Maternity Tools for Baby and Mother, including Find a Doctor, Maternity Guidebooks and Due Date Calendar
* Online pre-registration for either MillardFillmoreSuburbanHospital or Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo
Additional information available: http://www.buffalobaby.org/