100 High Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
Breastfeeding Informational Sessions Now Offered at Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo
These informational sessions are designed to encourage the choice to breastfeed. Attendees will be given information about this important healthy option for the mother and baby. During these sessions, breastfeeding will be encouraged, and information will provided about formal breastfeeding and childbirth education classes at Kaleida Health. Important community contacts, such as WIC, will also be available.
Informational sessions are held every Tuesday & Thursday from 4-4:30 pm at the Women’s Health Center of Women & Children’s Hospital, located inside the 239 Bryant Street Entrance on the 1st floor. Go to patient reception area A.
These sessions are offered free of charge and no reservations are necessary. For further information, please contact the Women’s Health Center at Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo at (716) 878-7737.
Breast milk is proven to be the safest and healthiest choice for babies along with providing many health-related benefits to new mothers, including:
• Prevention of excess bleeding
• Healthy weight loss
• Helping to shrink the uterus to pre-pregnancy size
• Reduction in the chance of infection
• Lowering the chances for obesity, diabetes and other diseases for the newborn
• Providing the best food for the baby’s growth and development
For more information about maternity services availalbe across Kaleida Health , please go online at www.buffalobaby.org. Buffalo Baby is the brand for maternity services provided at Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo and Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital.
This website also contains the following information beneficial for new and expectant mothers and families:
* An overview of programs and services, including Women’s Health Centers, Preconception Services, High Risk Pregnancy and Deliver, Labor & Delivery, Mother and Newborn Care, and Childbirth Education
* Maternity Tools for Baby and Mother, including Find a Doctor, Maternity Guidebooks and Due Date Calendar
* Online pre-registration for either MillardFillmoreSuburbanHospital or Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo
Additional information available: http://www.buffalobaby.org