- Latest Headlines
- ‘Tis the Season … to Shop for a Good Cause!
- Imaging Services a National Case Study for Maintaining CT Image Quality While Lowering Radiation Dose
- Download the Early Childhood Direction Center Winter 2013 Newsletter
- VNA of WNY Ranked Among Top Five Percent Nationally
- Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital Respiratory Team Receives Elite Distinction
- View All Headlines
- Kaleida in the News
- Media Advisories
- Press Releases
- Facts at a Glance
- KYI Newsletter
726 Exchange Street
Buffalo, NY 14210
Visiting Nursing Association Expands in Four Counties
The Visiting Nursing Association (VNA) of Western New York has received regulatory approval to expand into four additional counties.
The New York State Department of Health’s Public Health and Health Planning Council approved the measure at its December 6th meeting, allowing for the VNA to operate in Cattaraugus, Orleans, Steuben and Wyoming counties. The VNA is currently the dominant home care provider in Allegany, Chautauqua, Erie, Genesee and Niagara counties.
“We are both excited and honored to receive approval to expand our services into these four counties,” said Judy Baumgartner, President of the VNA. “We look forward to expanding upon the VNA's 127-year history of providing high quality home health services into the Cattaraugus, Orleans, Steuben and Wyoming communities.”
The VNA is the largest home health agency in Western New York, serving more than 24,000 patients annually with more than 385,000 home visits. The agency is ranked among the top home health care agencies in the nation, according to data from Press Ganey and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
With the expansion into four more Western New York counties, the VNA will surpass 400,000 home visits by its nurses, therapists and aides in 2013.
Founded in 1885, the VNA of Western New York was the first visiting nursing organization in America. Since then, they have become one of the oldest charities in the nation and remain the largest home health agency in the Western New York region.
The VNA offers a full range of services including pediatric and adult skilled nursing and therapies, chronic disease management, home infusion therapy, mental health care, obstetrical services, telehealth, personal care, as well as personal response systems.
Key facts and figures about the VNA of Western New York:
• Over 900 employees
• 99% Patient Satisfaction
• Average Daily Census (all services) – 6,500 patients; Annual Home Visits – 385,000
• Community immunization program providing 25,000 shots/season
• 98% Referral Source Satisfaction