- Latest Headlines
- Kaleida Health Receives Strategic Integration Award
- Fastest Growing Private Frozen Yogurt Chain, Hoopla!, to Open in Orchard Park
- EPIC Donates Painting to Mother-Baby Unit at Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo
- Patient’s Fundraising Efforts Bring Music to Rooms at Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo
- Siblings Donate Profits from Lemondae Sale to Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo
- View All Headlines
- Kaleida in the News
- Media Advisories
- Press Releases
- Facts at a Glance
- KYI Newsletter
726 Exchange Street
Buffalo, NY 14210
HighPointe Staff Celebrate One Year Anniversary
It appeared to be more than a coincidence that the discovery of a time capsule in the cornerstone of Deaconess happened just three days before the one year anniversary of HighPointe on Michigan. As plans were being made to celebrate the past years accomplishments of the staff of HighPointe, word came that the demolition crew taking down Deaconess had removed the cornerstone of the building and found a time capsule dating back to 1911. So on Monday, December 3, as staff were treated to pizza and beverages, the time capsule contents were revealed under the watchful eyes of media and staff.
Gloria Sanders and Kenny Bryant, both having started work at Deaconess in 1973, had the honor of opening the capsule. The contents of the metal box included six different newspapers representing the Buffalo community at that time. Two were in German. Several other documents and letters were included, but they were in an advanced state of deterioration.
Gloria reflected on the transition year from the Deaconess to a brand new facility. "This is nice here because it is all so new. I really don't miss Deaconess because it was just a building. The people are what matters and they came with us."
Senior Marketing Associate