- Latest Headlines
- Early Childhood Direction Center Coordinator Wins 2014 Quality Care Award
- Super Hero Saturday at Boulevard Mall to Benefit John R. Oishei Children’s Hospital
- Hearing Loss Education Class for Parents and Families
- WCHOB Parking Ramp Stairwell to be Closed Temporarily
- Mary Watkins of Child Protective Services Stationed at Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo
- View All Headlines
- Kaleida in the News
- Media Advisories
- Press Releases
- Facts at a Glance
- KYI Newsletter
726 Exchange Street
Buffalo, NY 14210
Volunteer Designers Hard at Work Preparing for the Festival of Trees
Holiday Season Spectacular Rings-In the Holiday Season to benefit Women & Children’s Hospital November 17 – 29
Designers are hard at work preparing for the 35th annual Festival of Trees to benefit Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo.
To see a time lapse video of one design team in action, click here: http://www.pattilooneypro.com/festival-of-trees.html
The Festival of Trees, beginning November 17 with the Black Tie Gala and will be open to the public through December 1 at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in downtown Buffalo, is Western New York’s premier holiday event featuring beautifully decorated trees, wreaths, mantle and window displays as well as a Boutique filled with holiday home décor and gifts. Also featured this year will be the Gallery of Miracles, a walkway showcasing stories of hospital patients. Hand-decorated ornaments by the patients along with their artwork will be sold in the Boutique.
The Festival of Trees has free admission each day during November 17 – November 29 for anyone to come experience these beautiful displays. In addition, there will be several special events during those dates including:
- “A Holiday Home” Black Tie Gala on Saturday, November 17 from 6 pm – midnight. Featuring live music, cocktails and hors d’oeuvres, a holiday dinner presented by the Hyatt, designer trees and wreaths on sale as well as holiday gifts in the Boutique, and silent and live auctions.
- Designer Showcase & Awards Reception on Tuesday, November 20 from 6 – 8 pm. An evening of holiday cheer to celebrate the season and recognize the dedicated volunteers and creative design teams who give their time and talent to create the holiday magic at the Festival of Trees. Shoppers will be able to choose from a full selection of designer trees and wreaths and shop for holiday home décor and gifts in the Boutique.
- Gas & Groceries. Register from October 28 - November 16. $1 / chance to win $10,000 in Gas & Groceries from Tops Friendly Markets. Drawing takes place at the Gala on November 17.
Throughout the history of the festival, over $5.5 million has been raised to help the hospital set the standard in pediatric medical care, particularly in support of important programs, facility improvements and groundbreaking technology. This year, all money raised will be going toward the physician-led plan for the construction of the new John R. Oishei Children’s Hospital located in the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus.
For more information, please go online at https://www.festivaloftreesbuffalo.com
Additional information available: http://www.kaleidahealth.org/kyi/news/?i=3708