- Latest Headlines
- John R. Oishei Children’s Hospital Construction Cam
- Buffalo Philharmonic presents $15,000 to the John R. Oishei Children’s Hospital
- Expectant Moms and their Babies to Benefit from New March of Dimes Project
- Charity Crafters Donate Hand-Knit Items for Newborns in Need
- Progress Continues on New Children’s Hospital Project
- View All Headlines
- Kaleida in the News
- Media Advisories
- Press Releases
- Facts at a Glance
- KYI Newsletter
726 Exchange Street
Buffalo, NY 14210
Higgins Recognizes 125 Year History of Visiting Nursing Association in WNY
Congressman Discusses Role of Nurses Moving Forward
“For generations the VNA has provided top notch professional care with a personal touch,” said Congressman Higgins.
“The service they provide is an invaluable gift to the patients and their families and allows many to stay in their homes that otherwise couldn’t. It is an honor for me to recognize this 125 year milestone and I hope their great work continues for many years to come.”
In 1885 Elizabeth Coe Marshall founded what became the VNA when she collected donations to hire a traveling nurse to serve the sick in the City of Buffalo. Today, the VNA of WNY has grown to 900 nurses serving 24,000 patients annually with over 500,000 home visits across eight counties. VNA Branch offices are located in Chautauqua, Erie, Niagara, Genesee and Allegany Counties.
Seventy people work out of the Jamestown office facilitating almost 30,000 home visits last year alone. The Chautauqua County branch is proudly recognized for outstanding approval ratings and outcomes.