- Latest Headlines
- Doctors of the World raise $15,000 for the John R. Oishei Children’s Hospital
- Kaleida Classic Golf Tournament Rescheduled
- Gates Vascular Institute Performs First Cardiac Cryoablations
- Daughter of WCHOB Doctor Featured on "Jeopardy!"
- Luminosa Winterguard Give Away Teddy Bears at Women & Children’s Hospital
- View All Headlines
- Kaleida in the News
- Media Advisories
- Press Releases
- Facts at a Glance
- KYI Newsletter
726 Exchange Street
Buffalo, NY 14210
Dedicated Education Units Article Published Nationally
The dedicated educational units (DEU) model is an innovative way to train nursing students by integrating the college/university nursing faculty into the hospital setting so they are physically available to oversee students. The direct care nursing staff provides the student with direct supervision and “hands on” teaching of patient care.
“The DEU model benefits everyone,” said Diane Ceravolo, senior director of nursing practice, Kaleida Health. “Students come out better prepared to take on the complexities of patient care and navigate the healthcare system, and Kaleida Health is able to recruit nurses who have already been immersed in and understand the nursing culture and its day-to-day responsibilities.”
Kaleida Health is proud to have more dedicated educational units and more academic partners than any other healthcare system in Western New York.