- Latest Headlines
- Kaleida Health Receives Strategic Integration Award
- Fastest Growing Private Frozen Yogurt Chain, Hoopla!, to Open in Orchard Park
- EPIC Donates Painting to Mother-Baby Unit at Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo
- Patient’s Fundraising Efforts Bring Music to Rooms at Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo
- Khalid Kakish, MD Appointed in Pediatric Neurology
- View All Headlines
- Kaleida in the News
- Media Advisories
- Press Releases
- Facts at a Glance
- KYI Newsletter
726 Exchange Street
Buffalo, NY 14210
Kaleida Health Libraries Receive $60,000 Grant
A CI is a health sciences librarian possessing expert knowledge of health information resources, excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to provide cutting-edge, evidence-based services to the clinical staff with whom s/he will work. The duties of the CI will include research support, literature searching, review and selection of resources, and instruction in the use of health information materials and programs. The CI also will provide value-added consumer health information services to the patients being treated in the GVI and Buffalo General Medical Center and their caregivers.
Since the patient care and research enterprise at the GVI will emphasize cross-specialty, multidisciplinary collaboration instead of the traditional “silo approach” to practicing medicine, the CI will serve an overarching role in linking clinicians and researchers to ideas and the evidence needed to bring the concepts to fruition.
Next steps include having a Fellow on board by September 2012, which is stipulated in the Sewell Fund requirements. For more information, please contact Diane G. Schwartz, M.L.S., A.H.I.P., F.M.L.A., Kaleida Health Libraries director, at 859-2878.